Well today I started to edit the sketch that will control the firmware for the Sunpak AP-200W. I have made progress. I have full control of motors and the LEDs’. I’m trying to get the IR sensors to work, but can’t seem to decide whether or not it should be controlled by IR or push buttons or even serial communication. Right now all this arduino sketch is doing is tilting and panning. Next version will implement button presses and Ir signals (Remote). Continue reading Sunpak AP-200W Arduino Hack (Part 3)
I took apart the Sunpak AP-200W today. Seems very simple, only one major IC/MCU (NEC D17135A ). I quickly went to look for the datasheet and was able to identify pin-outs.
After a failed Hex dump i removed the chip from the board and followed to identify where each pin went/controlled. I was able to identify major vias that where vital to make the device function. The next major component was a Toshiba TA8409S (“H Bridge”). After finding the proper datasheet and being able to identify the pin-outs… I was in bussiness. Opening up Arduino IDE I began to write a simple sketch that would allow to see if it would be able to control the pan/tilt motors.
It was a success. I have control of the Pan/Tilt motors. Now this journey will venture to write “Firmware” for the arduino that will allow to program time lapse sequences.
Last week i found this Sunpak AP-200W.It had no remote. After trying to find the remote at a few shops, i decided that it might be a good chance to see if i could adapt an Arduino to it. In its original state the product brochure says that it is Auto Panning, it tilts and also provides Zoom /Record feature. there is no way to program it. Something i was looking for to make some panning/tilting time-lapses. Enter the Arduino. My idea is to be able to program some routines. Well i will report what keeps happening from here on out.
I came across this earlier on a website Ali****.com.
I thought it was a nifty little breakout board. So i decide to make one !
If you need this Here is the EAGLE PCB, Schematic and library file I have made.
Cant wait till i do this!
My work keeps me extremely busy at the moment, so when I finally have a free weekend I need some way to distract myself from work. Unfortunately the lack of time means that it is hard to start up any project that is even a bit complicated – however, you can always put a little kit together on a Sunday afternoon, can’t you? 🙂
The kit for this time is (supposedly) a clone of the Graham Slee Solo headamp. The circuit here seems quite traditional, an opamp for gain, a pair of transistors for output and a pair of LM7815/7915 regulators for power.
As is my custom with these builds, I have “enhanced” the ebay kit with some selected pickings from my parts bin. All PSU capacitors are now Panasonic FCs, the decoupling caps are NOS Elna Cerafines and the input caps are NOS Blackgates (they have been in storage for far…
View original post 77 more words
I had come across this a couple of power amps at a local Church garage sale. Along these came a dead Carvin HT-750. It powered on but no sound! and a few seconds later… that smell when you know something is wrong. The next day i took it apart and could see no damage to the transformer or output section so it was then that i new that the problem lied in the power section. Low and behold upon first glance the dreaded “melted” silicon.It is a TIP31C. Upon further inspection I found a couple more problems. Well till i get the parts. TO BE CONTINUED…
I met a cool cat about six years ago. He had this cool sounding amp, it was a Rolnd jc120. Since first hearing this amp a wanted it. I asked a couple of times over the years to sell it to me and he would not budge, until a few days ago, actually it was a trade. Ill admit that the amp had become dead. It would blow fuses upon powering it on. so I took a gander at it into repairing it.
this is my story into a dream five years in the making.
Up coming Arduino project is a joystick mouse with keyboard. Will be utilizing the Arduino Leonardo HID.
As the title says, good things are coming. on this weeks news I have purchased my first Arduino Leonardo. New Etch Tank
Upcoming build for a Diy mini drill press… stay tuned.
After the successful build of my gaming amp i decided to try a usb powered headphone amp. So i came up with this design after having “reversed engenierd” a cd rom which had cd playback capaility. i the added an input section. after acquiring the pdf datasheet for the ic i then added the usb power. after a few tries found out it needed a pull up resistor to unmute the circuit. here is a pic of the hacked up version.
After a couple hours of use i then took to make a schematic and pcb lay out and came up with some modifications that added a bit more low end and less noise all in all i love this amp more and i am planning on a mark2 for. ..you guessed it gaming purposes. here is the schematic and pcb layout.
And heres the pcb
Continue reading Usb powered headphone Amp